Thursday, October 8, 2009

your mom's Fairfield & Bernina clothes

Hi Shenna, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I can't believe how quickly
she went, maybe blessedly so. She was brave and down-to-earth!
I almost didn't read the Tayos message because I'm sick with bronchitis and
not patient with advertising these days, but thank goodness I did take a
look and found your message. I have now posted it on Facebook where my
messages go to many quilters and especially Donna Wilder and the folks at
Quilts Inc. If I'm better by Saturday, I will make the effort to get to the
memorial service. Emma was one special lady who befriended me early on in
all those competitive times. I will contact others as I think of them. Oh,
I'll write to Viktoria and the ladies in the Network for Wearable Art.

This part you can read at a later date unless you want me to do a memorial
online sooner. I lost my dad last October and it took a long while to really
think straight again. I have a small proposal. I write a blog:
http://artyouwear.blogspot.com I think I told you about it when you had
Tayos, and Emma knew about my original newsletter. So what I would like to
do is a column talking about her outfits for the Houston fashion shows. If
you have the clothes, I could drive down and photograph them myself. That
way I could also talk about their fabulous construction. I will have to go
through my own photo collection from PIQF and Houston. Then I can just write
a long column or two or three about Emma, her style, her techniques, how
wonderful her ideas, etc. If the clothes are gone, maybe you could share her
official photos with me. The blog is read all over the world now so it would
be a fitting goodbye from the world of wearable art. Please let me know. I'm
up in Lake County now. Since I'm in and out a lot, feel free to just send an
email My heart goes out to all of you.

Rosalie Cooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Your Emma Story?

This blog is a chance to remember and honor Emma by bringing us together in a way that can only be done through a medium like the internet. We love her, we will miss her, but she's here for a short time still, and we want to smile and cry and laugh together with her as much as possible while we can.

Emma has touched a monumental number of lives through her work as a mother, grandmother, friend, teacher, artist, and to Ted as a dear wife. There are countless stories that have already been told many times, and there are many others that we're going to learn for the first time as we read them here.

PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS, STORIES AND PICTURES!!!

Not only will we be able to laugh and smile together, even after Emma has passed, but we will be sharing this blog with Emma. If you have a story, long or short, silly or sad, pensive or outrageous, please take some time and share it with us and Emma.

This is such a dear time for all of us. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and prayers.

It's easy! To post to Emma's blog, send an email to emmaallebes.post@blogger.com. If you have a picture(s) that you would like to add, make it an attachment to the email. Your email will post automatically.

Please remember to include your name somewhere in the email/post.