Monday, October 5, 2009

Inspiration

Shenna - I am not great on these new "blogger" things, but have been following our dear Emma's journey this last week.  My daily conversation with God has been about how we can survive in a world without Emma.  I know she will be with him soon, but we will sorely miss her.  My love and prayers go out to Emma and her family - including her Ted and daughters and loving family.  The following is what I tried to post earlier.  Memories of Emma will survive for ever.
 

Emma,

 

I want you know what an inspiration you have been to so many of us in the Folsom Quilt & Fiber Guild.  Over the years I have enjoyed your beautiful works of art – both quilts and wearable art.  You have taken the time to share with us how you came to design such beautiful work as well as the construction processes you developed.  I have talked to you many times at the Zephyr Retreats, Quilt Shows and Guild meetings, and you have always patiently answered my questions, and encouraged me to try new techniques and ideas.  At times when I am working on a quilt, and am tempted to take a short cut to "just get it finished" I think of you.  I try to think of how Emma would handle this glitch.  Because of you I try to be a little more creative "thinking outside the box" while striving to make the construction of my project as "perfect" as I possibly can.  I truly enjoy the whole process more, simply because you shared so much of yourself.  Thank you Emma.  You and your family have been in my prayers since the moment I heard of your illness.  Love – Jackie Blackwelder

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Your Emma Story?

This blog is a chance to remember and honor Emma by bringing us together in a way that can only be done through a medium like the internet. We love her, we will miss her, but she's here for a short time still, and we want to smile and cry and laugh together with her as much as possible while we can.

Emma has touched a monumental number of lives through her work as a mother, grandmother, friend, teacher, artist, and to Ted as a dear wife. There are countless stories that have already been told many times, and there are many others that we're going to learn for the first time as we read them here.

PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS, STORIES AND PICTURES!!!

Not only will we be able to laugh and smile together, even after Emma has passed, but we will be sharing this blog with Emma. If you have a story, long or short, silly or sad, pensive or outrageous, please take some time and share it with us and Emma.

This is such a dear time for all of us. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and prayers.

It's easy! To post to Emma's blog, send an email to emmaallebes.post@blogger.com. If you have a picture(s) that you would like to add, make it an attachment to the email. Your email will post automatically.

Please remember to include your name somewhere in the email/post.