Wednesday, October 7, 2009

For Emmas' Blog

 
Dear Sweet Emma, My Best Friend!
Our lives were blessed when we moved into Fair Oaks 4th Ward.  You and Ted were the first to open your hearts to us.  You were there to help us move into John and Marilyn Johnson's home when they went on their Mission.  You were the first to invite us into your home...or rather Museum of Fine Arts.  As we walked into your home it literally made me cry to see all the talent you and Ted have.  Oh if I could do a brain meld.  I'd want yours.  I loved being part of the Family Home Evening group and getting to share talks and potlucks.  I have fond memories of going to concerts in downtown Sacramento and Sierra College and best of all is the Concerts in the Park.  You two would always save us spaces.  What joy you two have brought into our lives.  I know that if it were not for you two we would have returned to Southern California.  I LOVE YOU SO MUCH EMMA AND TED that you cannot believe that even as I write this my heart is breaking because I will miss you so much. I am grateful that I have had the opportunity to come to come know your daughters.  They are as sweet as you.  I can see why they bring you such joy.
 
I know that Heavenly Father is waiting with open arms to welcome you home.  What joy you will hear when you get there.  The heavens will open up and shouts will call out, I know it!
 
Sincerely with love and hugs,
Charlotte and Merv Smith
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I read your all post and story,Its great for me,thanks for share story,
    Emmas Design Blog

    ReplyDelete

What is Your Emma Story?

This blog is a chance to remember and honor Emma by bringing us together in a way that can only be done through a medium like the internet. We love her, we will miss her, but she's here for a short time still, and we want to smile and cry and laugh together with her as much as possible while we can.

Emma has touched a monumental number of lives through her work as a mother, grandmother, friend, teacher, artist, and to Ted as a dear wife. There are countless stories that have already been told many times, and there are many others that we're going to learn for the first time as we read them here.

PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS, STORIES AND PICTURES!!!

Not only will we be able to laugh and smile together, even after Emma has passed, but we will be sharing this blog with Emma. If you have a story, long or short, silly or sad, pensive or outrageous, please take some time and share it with us and Emma.

This is such a dear time for all of us. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and prayers.

It's easy! To post to Emma's blog, send an email to emmaallebes.post@blogger.com. If you have a picture(s) that you would like to add, make it an attachment to the email. Your email will post automatically.

Please remember to include your name somewhere in the email/post.