Monday, October 12, 2009

Sacbee.com entries

 
October 11, 2009
I will miss Emma's sweet smile and wonderful talent. I have known her for many years and am so sorry I was out of town and missed her service. She will be missed by her "quilty" friends. My sympathies to her family.
Sheila Bayley
 
 
October 09, 2009
Emma, I will miss your sweet smile, and the wisdom that you shared even if I didn't ask. But I will especially miss your physical body at our circle of friends meeting. The creative ways you inspired myself and our group challenging us to do bigger and better things. You were an inspiration to me in all that you did.
For Ted, Shenna, Rebecca, Reaka and all those lovely grand and great grandchildren, Emma was so proud of all of you, and my deepest sympathies are with you. May the memories you have created over the years sustain you until you see her again.
Susan Patzer-Hicks
Citrus Heights, California
 
 
October 08, 2009
I have had the pleasure to know Emma for several years. She was one of the first Gypsy Traders that I met in 1976. She was welcoming and very friendly. She also wore the most beautiful homemade clothing. 'Joseph' may have had his 'colorful coat of many colors', but Emma will always be known for her 'quilted and colorful coats'. She is an integral member of the Gypsy Traders, and her absence at the October meeting was felt by all in attendance.
Her colorful life will be a great addition to heaven.
With Friendship and prayers,
Peggy Piccardo, Fellow Gypsy Trader and friend
Sacramento, California
 
 
October 08, 2009
Being part of the original "family" of the Fair Oaks ward, I have fond memories of Sis. Allebes. I looked forward to a special hello from her each time I would come home to visit. I will miss her sweet countenance and smiling face. Please accept my condolences and love. My prayers are with the whole family at this time.
Tammy Beal Johnson,
Cedar Hills, Utah
|

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Your Emma Story?

This blog is a chance to remember and honor Emma by bringing us together in a way that can only be done through a medium like the internet. We love her, we will miss her, but she's here for a short time still, and we want to smile and cry and laugh together with her as much as possible while we can.

Emma has touched a monumental number of lives through her work as a mother, grandmother, friend, teacher, artist, and to Ted as a dear wife. There are countless stories that have already been told many times, and there are many others that we're going to learn for the first time as we read them here.

PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS, STORIES AND PICTURES!!!

Not only will we be able to laugh and smile together, even after Emma has passed, but we will be sharing this blog with Emma. If you have a story, long or short, silly or sad, pensive or outrageous, please take some time and share it with us and Emma.

This is such a dear time for all of us. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and prayers.

It's easy! To post to Emma's blog, send an email to emmaallebes.post@blogger.com. If you have a picture(s) that you would like to add, make it an attachment to the email. Your email will post automatically.

Please remember to include your name somewhere in the email/post.