Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Aunt Emma

Dear Aunt Emma,

 

The wonder of words.  Which words to choose, which words to say.  What comes to me are what my senses feel.  The memories of you, your daughters, your husband, your home.  The simplest of them are the ones I remember the most.

 

The aroma of your home mid morning on Thanksgiving day.  I love that smell.  It’s a sign of a wonderful meal awaiting.

 

Monopoly on the floor with Heather and Reaka.

 

Your Dalmatian…who’s name escapes me.

 

Shenna’s wedding reception.  The rain, the running inside, and that way cool cake.

 

Floating down the American River with my cousins.  You dropped us off….and picked us up.

 

The special way you made me feel…I got to do things my brother didn’t.  I was the one that got to stay at Emma and Ted’s for the week.  I loved those times.

 

 Chris’ blessing.

 

The Art Work.  The ridiculous amount of talent you and Ted have is not fair.  Your home in itself is a work of Art.

 

Your daughters.  You’ve raised three beautiful, strong, intelligent women.  I am so proud to be their cousin.

 

The memories of you and my mother together.  Working in the kitchen together, comparing each others art work….quilts….anything and everything creative.  You made each other better artisans.

 

The love I felt from you and Ted every time I walked into your home.

 

I have been blessed to be your niece.   Rest well and enjoy the love that surrounds you.

 

With Much Love,

 

Jennie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Your Emma Story?

This blog is a chance to remember and honor Emma by bringing us together in a way that can only be done through a medium like the internet. We love her, we will miss her, but she's here for a short time still, and we want to smile and cry and laugh together with her as much as possible while we can.

Emma has touched a monumental number of lives through her work as a mother, grandmother, friend, teacher, artist, and to Ted as a dear wife. There are countless stories that have already been told many times, and there are many others that we're going to learn for the first time as we read them here.

PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS, STORIES AND PICTURES!!!

Not only will we be able to laugh and smile together, even after Emma has passed, but we will be sharing this blog with Emma. If you have a story, long or short, silly or sad, pensive or outrageous, please take some time and share it with us and Emma.

This is such a dear time for all of us. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and prayers.

It's easy! To post to Emma's blog, send an email to emmaallebes.post@blogger.com. If you have a picture(s) that you would like to add, make it an attachment to the email. Your email will post automatically.

Please remember to include your name somewhere in the email/post.