Monday, October 5, 2009

I wish I were there with you....

Hi guys.  Thanks for taking the time to post my memories of your mom.  We had gotten in at 2 a.m. yesterday, was bustling around (you know how it is when you get home from a trip) and just had to take the time to write some thoughts to you.  Sorry it was so late.
 
Tony & I are leaving early Wed for North Carolina.  When I got into bed last night, (late again), he kindly said, "do you need to go to California instead?".  I am so torn right now.  I know there is nothing I can do for you all, but, I just wish I could be closer.  Would you please keep me posted on the plans?  If there is anyway I could get out there, I am going to try. 
 
Also, I was shocked and amazed to read Andrea Vahey's comments!  I didn't know if I would ever hear of her again.  Any chance you could send me her email address, or give her mine?
 
I really can't believe we are at this point in our lives.  A couple of years ago, at exactly this time of year, we didn't know if we were going to lose my mother or not.  Tony & I were in Rhode Island for a few days and Di had come out to be "me" with mom while I was gone.  That is when she fell head first into the wall at the hospital and the situation got much worse.  It was a long year for everyone.  My mom now marks time as "B.C." and "A.C."; before cancer and after cancer.  With your mom, it has been so fast.  I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around this new reality.  How are you doing?  Really?  
 
My family is so concerned about all of you.  We have shared so much through the years - it is almost like we are one family.  How very blessed we were in Fair Oaks to have each other.
 
Well, I will call you Reaka today.  I just don't want to take much of your precious time.  My mom commented on how nice it was to see you and your children.  She said, and I quote, "Reaka just doesn't change.  She looks exactly the same!".  So, what's your secret?  Dove?  Oil of Olay?  Just kiddin.  How lucky for you.  People keep telling me how much I look like my dad....  Is that a good thing?  As you age, to start looking like an older man?  Hmmmm....
 
I sure love all of you.  I will be thinking of you all day and have been asking for Heavenly Father's blessings of peace and comfort for all of you in my prayers.
 
allison 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Your Emma Story?

This blog is a chance to remember and honor Emma by bringing us together in a way that can only be done through a medium like the internet. We love her, we will miss her, but she's here for a short time still, and we want to smile and cry and laugh together with her as much as possible while we can.

Emma has touched a monumental number of lives through her work as a mother, grandmother, friend, teacher, artist, and to Ted as a dear wife. There are countless stories that have already been told many times, and there are many others that we're going to learn for the first time as we read them here.

PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS, STORIES AND PICTURES!!!

Not only will we be able to laugh and smile together, even after Emma has passed, but we will be sharing this blog with Emma. If you have a story, long or short, silly or sad, pensive or outrageous, please take some time and share it with us and Emma.

This is such a dear time for all of us. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and prayers.

It's easy! To post to Emma's blog, send an email to emmaallebes.post@blogger.com. If you have a picture(s) that you would like to add, make it an attachment to the email. Your email will post automatically.

Please remember to include your name somewhere in the email/post.