Friday, November 20, 2009

Eric Mealey Post

Oma-Emma.
 Always on her feet, making something sweet!
 

Seeing Oma for the last time here on Earth was a new experience for me. It hit me harder than I thought it would. I’ve never lost someone that I’m close to like her. The closest other than Oma-Emma would be my Nana, Judy Allebes. I’ve gotten a lot closer to Oma and Opa over the last few years. I think mostly because my life has slowed down a little since getting married and having Maddix, and I’ve become more interested in both of their art. I’ve called them more in the last year or two, than in my whole life before that, with gardening and art questions. It’s been really nice to spend time getting to know Oma better these last couple years.
Like others, I admire her unique ideas and her willingness to do new things. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Oma and Opa watching T.V. That is something I really admire about them. Although I’m sure Oma had times where she wanted to just relax, she sure didn’t waste her life watching others live. She really lived and really loved what she did with her time and talents. And thankfully, she is very talented; so all these crazy things she has made have easily found a place in the homes of her friends and family. Oma wasn’t too wrapped up in her own world to take care of and encourage those around her. Covey says one thing that every person wants is to leave a legacy and she really has. She has left a legacy of loving people and enjoying life.
We love and miss you Oma.
Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Your Emma Story?

This blog is a chance to remember and honor Emma by bringing us together in a way that can only be done through a medium like the internet. We love her, we will miss her, but she's here for a short time still, and we want to smile and cry and laugh together with her as much as possible while we can.

Emma has touched a monumental number of lives through her work as a mother, grandmother, friend, teacher, artist, and to Ted as a dear wife. There are countless stories that have already been told many times, and there are many others that we're going to learn for the first time as we read them here.

PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS, STORIES AND PICTURES!!!

Not only will we be able to laugh and smile together, even after Emma has passed, but we will be sharing this blog with Emma. If you have a story, long or short, silly or sad, pensive or outrageous, please take some time and share it with us and Emma.

This is such a dear time for all of us. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and prayers.

It's easy! To post to Emma's blog, send an email to emmaallebes.post@blogger.com. If you have a picture(s) that you would like to add, make it an attachment to the email. Your email will post automatically.

Please remember to include your name somewhere in the email/post.